Second Life is an online virtual world game. It is developed and owned by the San Francisco-based firm Linden Lab. SL was launched in June 2003. The game has around 800,000 active users. As the name suggests, SL mimics all the aspects of actual life into a virtual world. Working, finding a home, socializing… and having money to cater to everyday needs. However, the ingame currency, the Linden Dollar, can be redeemed for real money. So if you are successful, it means that you can make money to use in the real world, as we explain in this Second Life review!
Second Life Review: Earn Real Money When Playing Games
To earn money in Second Life, you have to create some economic value, like in real life. There are several ways to make some income:
- Real estate: buy and sell or rent properties, land, islands, etc.
- Become a merchant: create 3D products that can be sold to other players. This is perfect for pro 3D designers and hobbyists alike
- Work: you can earn Linden Dollars by working, for performing in bars as a DJ, etc.
- Provide entertainment: create a bar, a theme park, a club or a game and make money!
Make money in Second Life real estate
Games you can play to earn money on Second Life
As explained this game is a virtual world on its own. We have described the different ways you can use to make money in SL.
Pros and cons of Second Life
- You can make serious money in Second Life
- Virtual reality is not everyone’s cup of tea
- Making money looks a lot like working, it’s not really playing online game